Monday 15 December 2014

Remembrance and Hope Day - Bruswick Methodist Church December 2014

Remembrance and Hope Day - Brunswick Methodist Church December 2014


 The service was very well attended and it was both moving and uplifting to see everyone together under one roof; in remembrance of those who have passed away, giving prayer and hope for those still suffering and in recovery.

Leisel the Minister of the Church delivered a spiritual and thoughtful service and there were prayers, poems of hope and the names of those who we knew and sadly passed away were remembered and read out.


The service of Hope & Remembrance held at the Brunswick Methodist Church on Dec 4th was both a very moving, and spiritual experience. 

Everyone was given a star of remembrance to write a personal message on and place on the Christmas Tree while candles were lit for those who have passed away and we still remember.

Pam’s Experience

It gave me the opportunity to reflect on my past year in recovery and all that has gone with it.

It also was a stark reminder of how addiction kills, and was a very poignant moment when the names of those who had passed on were read out.
I personally used the service to give thanks for my sobriety and remembered those close to me who had passed on.

The stars on the tree were a very thoughtful idea and the personal messages each person wrote on them I am sure will stay with them forever.

A very momentous day I am sure everyone will agree and one I hope to repeat next year.

Wishing you all a very Merry Xmas and a peaceful New Year.

Pam 

Chris’s Experience

It was my first time attending the Remembrance and Hope Day and I found it to be a very spiritual and moving experience.

It filled me with humility and hope seeing so many people paying tribute and respect to those we have lost, loved and cared for. Also for those who still suffer and are on the road to recovery.

It reminded me of where I came from; the people I have come to know and who have supported me. It also reminded me that we cannot do this alone and need the love, care, understanding and support of fellowship and a power greater than ourselves.

While the people I knew and lost never left my thoughts, it was the first time I have paid my respects to them in a spiritual way since they passed on.

They will always be in my thoughts and prayers; as will everyone I have been fortunate enough to get to know in recovery so far and have helped support me on my journey.

It is an experience that will stay in my thoughts forever and it will be a service i hope to attend again next year.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy Christmas and New Year!


Chris

If anyone would like to share their experience of the Rememberance and Hope Day on the blog (can be anonymous) please email Andy.Hackett@newcastle.gov.uk